Quality Rock Q105.3 has been on the air for 25 years! We are a different kind of radio station. In some ways we’re the antithesis of what you’re used to hearing on the radio dial. The industry nomenclature says our format is Rock AC, but we think Q105.3 is beyond labels.
Here’s what makes us different:
- A wide play list – We have over 4,000 different tunes in our library. We go deep into CDs and play songs in their entirety.
- No repeats – We don’t play the same songs over and over and we never repeat a song between 6:00am and midnight.
- Core artists – We play Van Morrison, Jimmy Buffett, Elton John, The Beatles, and The Eagles: songs from your past, the Quality Rock of today, and deep cuts that you won’t hear anywhere else.
- No talk-overs – We love the music as much as you do so we never talk over the songs. At Q105.3, we respect the artist’s integrity and don’t step on a musician’s creativity.
- No games, no gimmicks – We’re here for the music, so we don’t take time away from it for contests. When we do have prizes like concert tickets and more, we give you a chance to win them on WRHQ.com.
- No comedians – We’re not comedians, and you know what? Neither are some of the DJs on other stations who may think they are. Our DJs will not get in the way of the music. Every once in a while Brady McGraw, Lyndy Brannen or Jerry Rogers might give you a thought or two about what’s going on in Savannah, but they’ll try to do it quickly and in good taste. By the way, they know what’s going on in Savannah because they have been on the air locally for more than 100 years combined!
- News and information – Q105.3 keeps you informed with newscasts every 30 minutes in the morning and with traffic and weather updates throughout the day. We don’t pretend to be meteorologists–our weather updates come from names you trust like Jeff Kirk, Jonathan Myers, Dee Ann Rowe, Beth Eckard, and Chis Justus.
- Interactive programming – We want to hear from our listeners. At Q105.3, we value your music taste. That’s why you can e-mail us your suggestions for the 70’s at 7, 80’s at 8, Sunday Long Play, Select-A-Set, Buffett Break, and Beatle Block and hear the songs you picked on the air. We keep you connected with all of our current contests and events through Facebook and always respond to listener comments.
- Q105.3 is the station you can listen to with your kids and not be embarrassed…no ‘Shock Jocks’ here, only good quality music.
- Locally owned – We are Savannah’s ONLY locally owned broadcast station. In this age of consolidation and conglomerates we are truly the last of our breed. We believe it’s important to be local, and that is exactly what we are!