WRHQ 105.3 FM has been on the air for more than 30 years! We are a different kind of radio station. The industry nomenclature says our format is Rock AC, but we think Q105.3 is beyond labels.
Here’s what makes us different:
- Large Music Selections: We have over 4,000 different tunes in our library. We go deep into CDs and play songs in their entirety.
- No Repeats: We don’t play the same songs over and over, and we never repeat a song between 6:00 AM and 12:00 AM.
- Classic Core Artists: We play songs from the past, today’s quality rock, and deep cuts you won’t hear anywhere else. Some of the artists include: Van Morrison, Jimmy Buffett, Elton John, The Beatles, The Eagles, and more!
- No Talk-Overs: We love the music as much as you do, so we never talk over songs. We respect the artist’s integrity and don’t step on a musician’s creativity.
- No Games or Gimmicks: We’re here for the music, so we don’t take time away from it for contests. When we do have prizes like concert tickets and more, we give you a chance to win them on WRHQ.com.
- No Comedians: We’re not comedians! Our DJs will not get in the way of the music. Every once in a while Brady McGraw, Lyndy Brannen, and Tripp Rogers may give thoughts about what’s going on in Savannah, but they do it quickly and in good taste.
- News and Local Information: We strive to keep you informed with newscasts every 30 minutes, along with traffic and weather updates throughout the day. We use resources from the ACCU WEATHER team of meteorologists who update our weather forecasts around the clock.
- Interactive Programming: Our listeners’ feedback is our priority! We value your opinions. Listeners can e-mail or text suggestions for Select-A-Set, Beatle Block, Buffett Break, Bungalow Flashback, and Second Sunday, or you can just submit a song request.
- Locally Owned: We are Savannah’s ONLY locally owned radio station. We love our community and support our locals!
Q105.3 is the station you can listen to with your kids and not be embarrassed. No ‘Shock Jocks’ here, only good, quality music.